The NDIS has brought a radical change to the way customers engage with support services.
People with disability now have choice and control over their services and this demands a shift in the provision of supports to a more contemporary customer focussed model.
The principles of customer service underpin the ongoing conversations in setting up, reviewing and maintaining supports for people to reach their goals.The more autonomous nature of the work requires people who seek to understand and respond to their customers unique goals, dreams, strengths, weaknesses and frustrations and view behaviours of concern as expressions of unmet need.
The delivery of the Certificate IV in Disability explores these and other issues including:
- Adapting practice to comply with the principles and framework of the NDIS
- The implications of choice and control
- Delivery of quality services and maintaining customer satisfaction
- Supporting and advocating for people in the community
- Understanding and responding to behaviours of concern in a collaborative and minimally intrusive way